COMPARATIVE PATHOGENICITY OF EIMERIA TENELLA FIELD ISOLATES·
Citation :- COMPARATIVE PATHOGENICITY OF EIMERIA TENELLA FIELD ISOLATES·.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2005.(39):53 - 56
Four Eimeria tenella field isolates from Kamal (3 isolates) and Jind (1 isolate) districts of
Haryana (North India) were studied in a battery test for evaluating their comparative pathogenicity. Broiler birds (Ross Strain) were infected with 105 sporulated oocysts each at the end of third week. The comparative pathogenicity of different isolates was assessed by calculating hematological values, oocyst index, lesion score and mortality. Haematological studies included estimation of haemoglobin, packed cell volume and total erythrocyte count. All the field isolates of E. tenelJa produced varying degree of pathogenicity. Infection with Kamal isolate - III and I resulted in maximum fall in all the parameters studied and Kamal isolate - III was found to be the most pathogenic as mortality was also recorded in this group. The degree of pathogenicity in Kamal isolate-II and Jind isolate was more or less the same
- Allen. W.M. et a/. (1973). J. Compo Pathol., 83: 369-375.
- Ball. S.J. (1966). Res. Vet. Sci., 7: 312-325.
- Chapman, H.D. (1986). Res. Vet. Sec., 41: 281-282.
- Chapman, H.D. (1989). Parasitology, 99(2): 189-192.
- Davies, S.F.M. et a/. (1963). Coccidiosis. Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh and London.
- Fitz-Coy, S.H. (1992). Avian Dis.. 36: 40-43.
- Fukata, T. et a/. (1997). Vet. Rec., 141: 44-46.
- Hilbrich. P. (1978). Cited by Stephan et a/.• 1997, Loc. Cit.
- Jain. N.C. (1986). Schalm's Veterinary Haematology. 4th Edn., Lea and Febiger, Philadephia.
- Johnson. J. and Reid, W.M. (1970). Exp. Parasitol., 28: 30-36.
- Joyner. L.P. and Norton, C.C. (1969). Parasitology, 59: 907-913.
- Long. P.L. et al. (1975). Folia Vet. Lat., 6: 201-217. (Cited by Idris et al., 1997 Avian Dis., 41: 388-391).
- Padmavathi, P. and Murlidharan, S.R.G. (1986). Indian Vet. J., 63: 716-722.
- Panda, D.N. et al. (1997). Indian Vet. J., 74: 206-209.
- Shumard. R.F. and Callender. M.E. (1970). Exp. Parasitol., 28: 13-24.
- Snedecor, G.w. and Cochran. G.w. (1967). Statistical Methods. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co.. 17, Park Street. Calcutta. . .
- Stevens, DA (1998). In: Encyclopedia of Immunology. 2nd Ed. VoLl. (Delves. P.J. and Roitt. I.M. eds.). Academic Press, London. pp. 591-593.
- Waltezky, E.-(1970). Exp Parasito!, 28: 42-62.
- Witlock, DR (1983) Avian Dis., 27: 1043-1050