HISTOMORPHOLOGICAL STUDY OF ABOMASUM IN CATTLE
Citation :- HISTOMORPHOLOGICAL STUDY OF ABOMASUM IN CATTLE.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2007.(41):192 - 195
Histomorphological studies of abomasum was conducted on six normal cattle. Three glandular
regions were arranged alternately to each other consisting cardiac, fundic and pyluric glands in
respective regions. Secretory cells were seen in the mucosal layer throughout the abomasum. The
size of mucosa, submucosa and muscularis were increased in the pyloric region as compared to
cardiac and fundic part. The epithelium of abomasum were changed from stratified squamous to tall columnar epithelium.
- Prakash, A. and Chandra, G. (2001). Indian J. Vet. Anatomy, 13: 169-171.
- Bensley, P.R. (1928). The gastric glands in special histology vol. (Cowdry, E.V. ed.). Poul, B. Hoeber, New York, pp. 137.
- Chandramouly, K.N. and Rao, K.T. (1984). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 54: 50-54.
- DeFiore Mariano et al. (1977). New Atlas of Histology, Lee and Feibiger, Philadelphia, 116-167.
- Dellmann, H.D. and Brown, E.M. (1987). Textbook of Veterinary Histology. 3rd edition. Lee and Febiger, Philadelphia,229-250.
- Hill, K.J. (1951). Vet. J. Anatomy London, 85: 215-220.
- 194 INDIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH
- Kapp, J.P. (1967). Acta. Anatomia., 67: 113-134.
- Kawaguchi, N. et al. (1989). Japanese J. Vet. Sci., 51: 352-358.
- Kressin, M. and Sommer, U. (1996). Anatomia Histologia, 25: 177-186.
- Malik, M.R. and Premprakash, P. (1977). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 47: 332-334.
- Mukharjee, K.L. (1990). Medical Laboratory Technology. 3rd edition). Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, 1111-1199.
- Nickel, R. (1979). The Viscera of the Domestic Mammals, 2nd revised edition. Verlag. poul. parey Bertlin, Hamburg, 101-109.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1967). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR, New Delhi.
- Sharma, K. (2001). Indian J. Vet. Anatomy, 13(2): 172-173.