IDENTIFYING EXISTING BREEDING AND FEEDING PRACTICES AS FOLLOWED BY THE DAIRY OWNERS IN RAJASTHAN
Citation :- IDENTIFYING EXISTING BREEDING AND FEEDING PRACTICES AS FOLLOWED BY THE DAIRY OWNERS IN RAJASTHAN.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2007.(41):9 - 15
The study on status of breeding and feeding practices followed by the dairy owners in Rajasthan
was conducted in Tonk and Jhunjhunu districts. 720 respondents equally divided in both the districts constituted the total sample size. It was observed that majority of the farmers preferred natural method of mating and did not prefer pregnancy diagnosis and treatment of repeater and anestrus animals by veterinarian. In respect of feeding, majority of the farmers fed home prepared ration in soaked form, followed supplementary feeding during advance stage of pregnancy. It is astonishing to note that 61, 91 and 51 per cent sampled families did not follow feeding common salt, mineral mixture and optimum quantity of concentrates in that order
- Balakrishna, B. (1997). Ph.D. Thesis, NDRI, Karnal.
- Malik, V. (1992). M.Sc. Thesis, H.A.U., Hisar.
- Malik, D.S. and Nagpaul, P.K. (1998). Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgmt., 14: 186-188.
- Rao, B.S. (1987). Ph.D. Thesis, Kurukshetra Univ., Kurukshetra.
- Rath, B.B. (1977). Ph.D. Thesis, Haryana Agric. Univ., Hisar.
- Singh, S. (1989). M.Sc. Thesis, NDRI, Karnal.
- Singh, Rajendra and Singh, Narendra (1999). Effect of socio-economic variables in adoption of reproduction management practices in rural Haryana, 67(7): 540-41.
- Verma, A.K. and Malik, V. (1993). In: Sixth Animal Nutrition Research Workers Conference held at Bhubaneshwar, Sept. 13-16, 1993. Vol. 41, No. 1, 2007 15