HISTOENZYMIC STUDIES OF THE EPIDIDYMIS IN RAT (RATTUS NORWEGICUS)
Citation :- HISTOENZYMIC STUDIES OF THE EPIDIDYMIS IN RAT (RATTUS NORWEGICUS).Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2008.(42):291-293
Histoenzymic study of the epididymis in rat was conducted in both prepubertal and postpubertal
animals. The initial segment showed intense reaction for acid phosphatase. The reaction of alkaline
phosphatase is basal in the initial, middle and terminal segments. Adenosine triphosphatase showed
intense reaction in the apical protion, whereas, for glucose 6-phosphatase, the activity was basal in
the middle and terminal segments. Intense reaction for succinate dedydrogenase noted in sperms
and edididymal cells.
- Allen, J.M. and Slater J.J. (1957). Anat. Rec., 129:235-273.
- Bancroft, J.D. and Stevens, A. (1996). Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques. 4th Ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York.
- Blackshaw, A.W. and Samisoni, J.I. (1966). J. Dairy Sci., 50:747-752.
- Karmore, S.K. et al. “In:” XIV th Convention of Indian Association of veterinary Anatomists, Ludhiana, October 1999.
- Moniem, K.A. and Glover, T.O. (1972). J. Anat., III:437-452.
- Oke, B.O. et al., (1988) J. Anat., 160:9-19.
- Singh, B. (1989). M.V.Sc. Thesis, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana.
- Singh, J. et al. (1991) Indian J. Vet. Anat. 3:88-92.
- Singh, J. et al. (1989) Indian J. Vet. Anat. 1:17-24.
- Singh, U.B. and Sulochana, S. (1996) Hand book of Histological and Histochemical Techiniques. 2nd Ed. Premeier Publishing House, Hyderabad.
- Tingari, M.D. and Moniem, K.B. (1979). J. Reprod. Fertil. 57:11-20