TRACE ELEMENTS IN GOATS OF AKOLA REGION
Citation :- TRACE ELEMENTS IN GOATS OF AKOLA REGION.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2008.(42):75-76
The study was conducted to know the trace elements status in goats of Akola region.
Estimation of 126 serum samples from male, female and kids indicated the average zinc
content 23.04 ± 1.38 μg/100 ml, iron 117.06 ± 4.30 μg/100 ml, copper 124.91 ± 6.67 μg/
100 ml and manganese 84.29 ± 2.95 μg/100 ml. The goats were deficient in iron, zinc
and need the supplementation
- AOAC (1990) Official Methods of Analysis. 8th Edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington DC.
- Bedi, S. P. S. (1998). Manual on Recent Advances in Mineral Metabolism of Livestock and Techniques for their
- Estimation. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar. 61-66
- Gangadevi, P. (1998) Production. Progress Report, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur. 37
- Kadirvel, R. (1997) Progress Report, Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Science University
- Mehra, U. R. (1998) Manual on Recent Advances in Mineral Metabolism of Livestock and Technique for their Estimation. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar. 25-28
- Prasad, B. (1996) Veterinary Clinical Diagnostic Technology. 1st Edn. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi 91 Shinde, A. K. et al., (1998) Nutrition Abstr and Rev 68: 1338
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (1994) Statistical Methods. 8th Edn. Allied Pacific, Bombay Thirumalai, S. (1998) ICAR Network Programme on Micronutrients in Animal Nutrition and Production. Progress Report Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Science University