IMMUNOMODULATORY IMPACT OF METAMITRON IN BLACK BENGAL GOATS FOLLOWING REPEATED ORAL ADMINISTRATION
Citation :- IMMUNOMODULATORY IMPACT OF METAMITRON IN BLACK BENGAL GOATS FOLLOWING REPEATED ORAL ADMINISTRATION.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2013.(47):412-416
The study was conducted to evaluate immunomodulatory effect of the herbicide, Metamitron in goats .Nine Black Bengal male adult goats were divided into three groups, each containing 3 animals. Control (Gr-I) group received carboxy methyl cellulose, while experimental control (Gr- II) group received levamisole at immunostimulating dose and experimental group (Gr-III) received Metamitron daily for 35 days. On day 36 all goats were immunized with 5% SRBC intraperitoneally. Animals were sacrificed for conducting Haemolytic Plaque Assay on day 5 post dosing SRBC. Total serum IgG level was estimated by Sandwitch ELISA. No significant variation in serum IgG level was observed at different days against 0 day in control and experimental group. But serum IgG level was increased significantly in experimental control group. No significant variation was observed in percentage of plaque formation in control and experimental group but the value was significantly higher in experimental control group. Results indicated that Metamitron had no effect on immunomodulation of goats during this observation period.
Black Bengal goat
Haemolytic Plaque Assay
- Descotes, J. (1999) An introduction to Immunotoxicology .1st Ed. Taylor and Francis Ltd., London,
- Himmelhoch, S.R.(1971). Chromatography of proteins on ion-exchange adsorbents. Meth.Enzymol.22:273-286
- Hudson ,L and Hay F.C. (1980).Practical Immunology .2nd Ed. Blackwell Scientific Publication, Jerne NK and Nordin, AA(1963).Plaque formation in other by single antibody producing cells. Science,140:405
- Krakowski, L.; Krzyzanowski ,J.; Wrona, Z. and Siwicki A.K.(1999).The effect of nonspecific immunostimulating on pregnant mares with 1,3/1,6 glucan and levamisole on the Immunoglobulin levels in colostrums, selected indices of non-specific cellular and humoral immunity in foals in neonatal and post natal period. Vet Immunol .Immunopathol.,68(1) :1-11
- Laemmli, U.K.(1970). Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature, 227: 680-683
- Lowrey O.H., Rosenbrough N.J . Farr A.L. and Randel R.J .(1951). Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry,193:265-275
- Luster M.I., Germole ,D.R.and Rosenthal G.J.(1990).Immunotoxicology:Review of current status. Annals of Allergy,64:427
- Nemzek J.A., Newcomb D.E., Call D.R. and Remick D.K .(1999). Plasma interference in an enzyme diluted immunosorbant assay using at commercial matched antibody pair. Immunol .Invest. 28(4):209-221
- Obminska-Domoradzka, B. and Calkosinski, I. (1994).Modulation of humoral response in ratsby levamisole, mechlorethamine and sodium diethyl dithiocarbamate .Acta.Pol.Pharm. 51(1): 95-99
- Robertson, L.E.(1993). Antinematodal drugs . John’s Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics (Book, NH and McDonald,L.E.,eds.), Fifth Edition,Kalyani Publishers ,New Delhi pp.820.
- Tamang,R.K, Jhan, G.J., Gupta ,M.K., and Chauhan, H.V.S.(1988). In Vivo mmunosuppression by Synthetic Pyrethroid (Cypermethrin) pesticide in Mice and Goats . Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, 19:299-305