Chief EditorYashpal Singh Malik
Print ISSN 0303-3821
Online ISSN 0976-4631
NAAS Rating 3.07
A study on problems of major pulses producers and their solutions in India
First Online 12-10-2019|
The rules of trade and investment in pulses production are governed by processing and distribution rather than production. Lacking low-interest credit, commodity boards for producers, subsidized inputs, quality seeds availability and distribution with respect to time, place and quantity and access of market information engraves the problem with the individual pulses farmers. The strong policy intervention by government is needed to stabilize the price of Pulses through maintaining the buffer stock and price subsidizing to favor the consumers. Both producer and consumer remains culprit at the hands of few traders and processors.
- Gupta, A. K., Nair, S.S., Ghosh, O., Singh, A. and Dey, S. (2014). Bundelkhand Drought: Retrospective Analysis and Way Ahead. National Institute of Disaster Management, New Delhi, PP 148.
- NRAA (2011). Technology for increasing production of Rabi Crops in Bundelkhand. Technical Bulletin No.1. National Rainfed Area Authority, New Delhi, India: PP 66.
- Singh, Manish (2014). Musings on Consumer Branding of Pulses in India. Handbook on minor and imported pulses of India: PP 65-69.
- Singh, R.P. (2009). Status paper on Pulses. Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture. Directorate of pulses development, Bhopal(M.P.).
- Thakur, A.K. and Chauhan S.S.S. (2010). Inter Regional Disparities in India. The Indian Economic Association. PP 331-332.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.